Friday, October 28, 2011

JamBars!

Jambars. Yep. You heard me. Made up a word right there...




Adapted from Ms. Giada herself:


In a large bowl, combine:
1 c flour
1/2 c + 2 T whole wheat flour 
1 3/4 c oats
1 c brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp EACH salt and baking soda
1 c chopped walnuts
1 c melted butter (I just realized that I made these (pictured above) with only 1/2 c of butter and they still came out...so, you can do it however you like! ha!)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
In a small bowl, combine:
13-16 oz preserves or fruit butter, I used a combo of apricot butter and apple butter
1/2 c dried fruit, I used dried cranberries


350 deg. Spray a 9x13 pan. Spread 1/2 of the dried ingredients into pan, pat down. Spread jam mixture on top, then add rest of dry mixture. 


Bake approx 35 minutes until golden. Yum.



No comments:

Post a Comment