Sunday, June 19, 2011

Just one...


It's hard not to lick the bowl anytime I make these damn scotcharoos. Seriously. They ARE that good.  The layer of chocolate and butterscotch chips on top are not mandatory, but are quite a lovely addition. 


Adapted from one of my favorite bloggers and cooks, David Lebovitz

Scotcharoos




Ingredients

1 c. sugar
1 c. brown rice syrup
1/2 c. each Nutella and peanut butter
6-7 c. rice krispies
1 c. each choc chips and butterscotch chips 
opt. good sea salt for those of you that like sweet and salty...like I do!

Cook sugar, syrup over med heat. Let boil for 1 second, remove from heat and add nut butters. Stir. Add krispies. When all mixed together, place in oiled 9x13 dish. To pat it flat, get your hands wet and push it down. That makes the mixture not stick to your hands!

Melt chips over bowl of boiling water. Spread on top of krispy treats. Sprinkle with optional sea salt.



1 comment:

  1. Love the site Meagan! You truly are amazing! You have singled handed inspires my wife & myself to create great food that taste as it was from a 5good star kitchen but at the cost if nothing! I can promise that our family will never order pizza again!
    Tonight I made a spinach sundried tomatoe black eye pea cakes &burger burgers! Pan seared &I finished in the oven! They we're awesome! Think the wife is going to love them!

    ReplyDelete