Thursday, February 23, 2012

chocolate peanut butter cup cake, oh yes I did....

Adapted from one of my fav sites: Vanilla Sugar Blog

My changes:


I only had a 13 oz box of cake mix, so I lessened the buttermilk and oil by about an 1/8 c. Also, I added chopped up Snickers Bars instead of peanut butter cups because that's what I had. 


Oh, the best part? I made peanut butter cups for the top. Adapted from, once again, Vanilla Sugar Blog.


Peanut Butter Cups (pic coming...)


9 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 oz unsweetened bakers chocolate (or 9 T cocoa powder + 3 T veg oil)
1/2 c peanut butter
1/4 c plus a few T powdered sugar
1/3 c crushed graham crackers or animal crackers


melt chocolate in double broiler, once melted, spoon about 1 -2 tsp chocolate into the bottom of mini muffin tin, pop in freezer to harden. Stir together the peanut butter, sugar and cracker crumbs, you should be able to gather a spoonful and roll together into a ball. If it's too dry, add a bit more peanut butter. Roll entire mixture into teaspoon sized balls. After chocolate has been in the freezer for 5-10 min, plop a ball into each muffin tin and cover with chocolate. Put back into freezer and let harden for 30 min (minimum). If you have extra filling balls, just place one on top of the pb cups (before the last freezer  session) for an extra bit of peanut butter delight. enjoy! yummmmmm



No comments:

Post a Comment