Monday, September 17, 2012

No Bake S'mores Tartlets


Guest Post! Thanks to Ashley D'Antonio for this awesome recipe.








Summer is ending but before it fully turns to Fall in Utah I wanted to sneak in one last “summer-y”, no-bake dessert.  I recently bought a few small tartlet pans and have been thinking about making Smore’s tartlets for a few weeks now.  I wanted to combine some of my other favorite recipe components to make what hopefully results in an amazing Smore’s tartlet.

I created my recipe using a combination of these recipes (makes two tartlets):



Basically, I followed the recipe for the graham cracker/pretzel crust and refrigerated the crust for an hour.  I filled the refrigerated crusts with chocolate ganache and let the ganache solidify in the fridge for about 30 minutes. While the ganache was in the refrigerator, I made the marshmallow cream. Then I topped the ganache with a bit of the marshmallow cream and refrigerated the almost finished tartlet for another hour.  As an optional finishing touch, you can follow the directions for the Smore’s Pie and use a torch or broiler to brown the top of the marshmallows.  I did not do any toasting this time as I do not own a kitchen torch and have not quite mastered the broiler in the house that I just moved into. So, I just took the safe route and ate the tartlets as is.

A note on the homemade marshmallow cream – it does contain gelatin but there are some gelatin alternatives that you could use if you wanted to make this recipe vegetation.  I have used agar-agar as a gelatin replacement with success.  The crust could also be made gluten-free using almond flour, honey, and cinnamon instead of graham crackers and leaving out the pretzels completely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment