Thursday, July 21, 2011

Spicy Gingery and Sweet


I was craving gingersnaps and although these aren't exactly 'snappy' in texture... they did the trick. Yum. 


Recipe adapted from The Fiddlehead Cookbook 


A quick note about me. I hate do do dishes so when I cook I try to think ahead. Because of this the directions are written just as I would make these recipes....using as few dishes as possible...I got your back. 


1/2 lb soft butter
1 3/4 c sugar
1 egg
1/3 molasses (I added 1 tbl more)
2 3/4 c flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 3/4 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
1 tsp (or more if you like!) freshly grated ginger or 1 tbl chopped crystallized ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c sugar


350 degree oven. Cream butter, sugar until fluffy. Add egg and molasses. Add soda, spices and salt. Mix. Stir in flour, slowly. Put sugar into bowl, roll dough into balls, coat in sugar. Bake for approx 14 min. If you want them 'snappier,' bake longer and for a softer cookie take them out around 12-13 min. Cool for 2 min on pan, then remove to rack. Beware, these spread so don't crowd on the baking sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment