Thursday, July 7, 2011

spicy and sweet and salty...oh my!

I love sweet and salty snacks. This pretzel nut mix does the job...well.

Adapted from my old friend (I wish) David Lebovitz. You can use any kind of sweetner, I used a combo of maple syrup and brown sugar. 

All the amounts are fall in the '-ish' range, that is, if you have more or less of something, feel free to improvise

3-4 c. nuts (I used walnuts and peanuts, use your favorite)
4 T. butter
3-5 T. brown sugar (depends on how sweet you want it...)
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. cumin
1 t. ish t. cayenne (again, depends on your taste)
2 T. ish maple syrup, honey or agave
1 t. ish sea salt
3-4 c. pretzels 
2-3 c. popcorn

roast nuts in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. In large pot, melt butter, sugar, cinn, cumin, cayenne, maple syrup. Toss in pretzels, popcorn and toasted nuts. Spread back onto baking sheet, cook approx. 15-20 min. longer. Store in airtight container...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment